Each game of Fast5 Netball includes:
Six minutes each
One minute interval at quarter
time and three-quarter time
Three minute interval
at half time
Always wanted to score from long range? Fast5 Netball features shooting zones offering players the opportunity to score one, two and three points with each shot!
An additional semi-circle is marked halfway between the goal post and the existing goal circle. The area inside this extra semi-circle is called the ‘Inner Circle’, and the area between this semi-circle and the existing goal circle is the ‘Outer Circle’.
Each team also has its own ‘Substitution Box’ on the side of the court. Players will enter and exit the court from this area during play – just remember to keep your eyes open for umpires!
The Coin Toss
Toss a coin before the start of the game (or Scissors, Paper, Rock will do!)
Win the Coin Toss and your team:
- Chooses which end they’ll play to in the first quarter
- Starts with the ball in the first and third quarters
- Has first choice of a quarter for its Power Play
Lose the Coin Toss and your team:
- Starts with the ball in the second and fourth quarters
- Chooses one of the three remaining quarters for its Power Play
Will you play it safe or take risks for the big points? With one, two and three point shots on offer, the choice is yours! Points are scored based on the area in which a player’s feet are positioned when taking the shot.
- Shots made from the Inner Circle are worth one point
- Shots made from the Outer Circle are worth two points
- Looking for maximum points? You’ll score three points when the shot is made from outside the goal circle!
Land with your feet in different scoring zones? Step back and go for more points!
All other centre passes shall be taken by the team that did not score the last goal.
During a team’s Power Play quarter all points scored are doubled.
Substitutions may be made at intervals or during play and there is no limit to the number that can be made.